Koi on Demand’s email services support the administrative and business activities of Koi on Demand and serve as a means of communication with customers, suppliers and other parties. The purpose of this policy is to ensure that email service remains available and reliable, and is used for purposes appropriate to Koi on Demand´s objectives.
This policy applies to users of Koi on Demand´s email services.
Koi on Demand provides electronic mail services to their employees, and other users such as customers, suppliers or potential clients. customer, supplier or potential clients´ use of Koi on Demand email services must be consistent with Koi on Demand’s goals business purposes, and shall comply with applicable laws and regulations. Koi on Demand is free to discontinue these privileges at any time.
4.Acceptable and Prohibited Use
Email users have a responsibility to learn about and comply with Koi on Demand´s policies. Violations may result in disciplinary action dependent upon the nature of the violation. Examples of prohibited uses of email include:
- Any purpose that violates any law, regulation, provision, standard or procedure;
- Intentional and unauthorized access to other people’s email;
- Use of email for non-commercial activities or personal gain (except as specifically authorized by Koi on Demand and in accord with Koi on Demand´s procedures);
- Use of email for partisan political or lobbying activities;
- Creation and use of a false or alias email address in order to impersonate another or send fraudulent communications;
- Use of email to transmit materials in a manner which violates copyright laws.
- The advertising or other promotion of another private business enterprise or activity
- Transmission or solicitation of information or statements that contain profane language, sexism, or other forms of prohibited discrimination, or can in any way be construed as intending to harass or threaten another individual, sexually or otherwise;
- Any activity with religious or political purposes;
- Any unauthorized purchase;
- Opening any “executable” email attachments (e.g., .exe, .bat, .scr, .vbs) from any source;
- Sending or forwarding “chain” letters, i.e., those that ask the receiver to forward the message to multiple recipients;
- Sending any attachment files larger than 10 megabytes (MB);
- Sharing email lists with any person;
- Setting email correspondence to forward automatically to an outside address;
- Disruption, obstruction, or burden of network resources;
- Unauthorized enhancements or add-on software;
- The intentional or negligent introduction of computer viruses into any system;
- Transmission of sensitive information unless protected by an approved encryption mode; Sensitive information includes medical information, information covered by attorney-client privilege, proprietary information, or other information which must be protected from unauthorized disclosure.
5.Recommended Practices in Use of Email
- Confidential Information
When sending restricted information, the user must encrypt the message.
Koi on Demand email users should be careful not to open unexpected attachments from unknown or even known senders, nor follow web links within an email message unless the user is certain that the link is legitimate. Following a link in an email message executes code, that can also install malicious programs.
- Identity Theft
Forms sent via email from an unknown sender should never be filled out by following a link. Theft of one’s identity can result.
- Password Protection
Koi on Demand’s policy requires the use of strong passwords for the protection of email. A strong password must contain digits or punctuation characters as well as letters.
6.Electronic Communication Monitoring
Koi on Demand may access the e-mail systems and obtain the communications within the systems, including past e-mail messages, without notice to users, in the ordinary course of business when Koi on Demand deems it appropriate to do so. The reasons for which Koi on Demand may obtain such access include, but are not limited to: maintaining the system; preventing or investigating allegations of system abuse or misuse; assuring compliance with software copyright laws; complying with legal and regulatory requests for information; and ensuring that Koi on Demand´s operations continue appropriately during an employee’s absence.
Further, Koi on Demand may review internet usage to ensure that such use with Koi on Demand property, or communications sent via the internet with Koi on Demand property, are appropriate. The reasons for which Koi on Demand may review employees’ use of the Internet with Koi on Demand´s property include, but are not limited to: maintaining the system; preventing or investigating allegations of system abuse or misuse; assuring compliance with software copyright laws; complying with legal and regulatory requests for information; and ensuring that Koi on Demand´s operations continue appropriately during an employee’s absence. Koi on Demand may store electronic communications for a period of time after the communication is created. From time to time, copies of communications may be deleted.
Koi on Demand´s policies prohibiting harassment, in their entirety, apply to the use of Koi on Demand´s communication and computer systems. No one may use any communication or computer system in a manner that may be construed by others as harassing or offensive based on race, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religious beliefs or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Violators of this policy may be subject to disciplinary action. Unacceptable conduct may subject the offender to disciplinary action, ranging from a verbal warning up to and including discharge, in Koi on Demand´s sole discretion. Koi on Demand will deal with each situation individually and nothing in this policy should be construed as a promise of specific treatment in a given situation.